BUTM Community Home Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home   Home

Go Back   BUTM Community > Site Related Stuff > BUTM Suggestions & Feedback > What the hell?

View Today's Active Threads
Welcome to the BUTM Community.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Post New Thread Reply

Erica La Spada

What the hell?

What the hell is up with the incredibly racists comments? I came to this website because I'm a fan of British comedy, Mr. Show and the like and, dude, I enjoy a good laugh, but within 30 seconds of reading a thread, I come across the most sickening, racist comments I've come across in a while, and I live in the deep South. I'm giving your users a slight benefit of the doubt and am hoping they were at least making an misguided attempt at some sort of ironic comedy, but Jesus Christ! You can keep your Nazi website. I hope you and your insecure, white, frat-boy users enjoy your time here.

Racism is tremendously ugly and rarely funny. I hope you guys grow up. I'm sure David and Bob would agree with me.
11-18-2004, 09:31 AM   Reply With Quote
agent_PUNT

Send a message via AIM to agent_PUNT
Re: What the hell?

Quote:
Originally posted by Erica La Spada
What the hell is up with the incredibly racists comments? I'm giving your users a slight benefit of the doubt and am hoping they were at least making an misguided attempt at some sort of ironic comedy, but Jesus Christ! You can keep your Nazi website. I hope you and your insecure, white, frat-boy users enjoy your time here.

Racism is tremendously ugly and rarely funny. I hope you guys grow up. I'm sure David and Bob would agree with me.
Racism is not funny. Agreed. I don't think anyone here disagrees with you on that.

The object of most of the racist comments is to demonstrate how ridiculous these opinions are. Yes, as you stated, it is an attempt at irony or satire.

I think Bob and David would agree that it can be funny if done intelligently. If there is a method to the madness so to speak.

Simple, racist comments with the sole intent to shock are not funny. It's just a cheap way to get a reaction. The problem is that no one that posts here (as far as I know) is a professional comedian. We all just have different ideas of what is acceptable and what is funny.

If you find that the majority of what you see here is unacceptable than you would be right not to participate. But if it is just a few "shitty racist jokes" than I suggest you stick around and do what most people do: "ignore the shitty racist jokes".

I've written stuff here that I thought at the time it made sense, but then looking back realized it didn't, that might be the case with some of the comments you are referring to. At the time, people may have thought it made sense in context of a bigger joke.

P.S. I'm not sure of which posts you are refering to specifically, but please note: You do have the option to report any posts to the Moderator/Admin for review.

Last edited by agent_PUNT : 11-18-2004 at 10:17 AM.
11-18-2004, 10:14 AM agent_PUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ

Send a message via AIM to CptPlanet Send a message via Yahoo to CptPlanet
Listen I know that the color scheme might remind you of a delicious cheesy enchilada, but Mexico is still a few more miles South.
11-18-2004, 10:40 AM CptPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
MangO
Never Heard The Spam Song

Send a message via AIM to MangO
11-18-2004, 10:51 AM MangO is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ

oh man i'm fukken edgy
11-18-2004, 10:52 AM CptPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
apotatojudge
Spent Time in Jail With Lenny Bruce

Send a message via AIM to apotatojudge
Re: What the hell?

Quote:
Originally posted by Erica La Spada
I'm sure David and Bob would agree with me.

OMG, He said David and Bob. I bet he's not even a real fan.

Fag.
11-18-2004, 11:18 AM apotatojudge is offline   Reply With Quote
CptPlanet
spelling bee champ

So I hate him and Julie hates him. Does that mean we can drop N-Bombs again? Those are really funny IMHO.
11-18-2004, 11:21 AM CptPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
agent_PUNT

Re: Re: What the hell?

Quote:
Originally posted by apotatojudge
OMG, He said David and Bob. I bet he's not even a real fan.

Fag.
Jules, you have mastered the irony of missing the big picture.

Fucking hilarious, I love it.

And I'm serious, so don't start getting all self-doubting...
11-18-2004, 11:59 AM agent_PUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Rabot
Trustifarian

Send a message via AIM to Rabot
Hey, I like me! You don't honestly think I belive those terrible things do you? That is in fact what is known as a joke, I'll be telling many of them tonight...

Yeah it's irony, the sad part is, that joke is one I overheard told seriously in my home town. These stupid redneck motherfuckers thought it was hillarious. It's hard being a "dune coon" in a white trash haven.

And bots, just cause you don't like me dosen't mean everyone else does. but incidentaly, they do anyway...

Last edited by Rabot : 11-18-2004 at 03:06 PM.
11-18-2004, 03:00 PM Rabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Stabby
SPUDS MCKENZIEE

Send a message via AIM to Stabby
who was being racist i'll clobber them!
11-18-2004, 03:05 PM Stabby is offline   Reply With Quote
agent_PUNT

Quote:
Originally posted by Rabot
Hey, I like me! You don't honestly think I belive those terrible things do you? That is in fact what is known as a joke, I'll be telling many of them tonight...
When David said that line he had just finished telling a joke that got a good laugh. The comments made that Erica was refering to, weren't really that funny.

Ofcourse, that's just my opinion and I can really go fuck myself for all I care.
11-18-2004, 03:06 PM agent_PUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
tjamick
has seen pry's tits

Send a message via AIM to tjamick Send a message via Yahoo to tjamick
when i saw that joke i just kind of rolled my eyes and said "whatever". you do that a good amount while posting here if you're still interested in doing so. most (all) of the comments you see here that apear to be racist are just bad jokes, (or really good ones if i post them) and need to be ignored (unless i post them).
11-18-2004, 03:10 PM tjamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Rabot
Trustifarian

Send a message via AIM to Rabot
Quote:
Originally posted by agent_PUNT
The comments made that Erica was refering to, weren't really that funny.
It's funny when you consider that someone seriously considered it funny, I told you I overheard someone saying it seriously, as in he thought it was a funny joke in itself, as a straight racist joke, I agree it's realy retarded...and queer.

I do not condone racism, in fact, blah blah blah, I'm a minority, blah blah blah, so I can't be racist and hate racism.
11-18-2004, 03:10 PM Rabot is offline   Reply With Quote
gerald hennessy
Used To Date Sarah Silverman

Re: Re: What the hell?

Quote:
Fag.
that's homophobic.
11-18-2004, 03:11 PM gerald hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
apotatojudge
Spent Time in Jail With Lenny Bruce

Send a message via AIM to apotatojudge
I hope you fucking know I was kidding, as PUNT pointed out.

Also, Rabot,

Quote:
I'm a minority, ...so I can't be a racist.

That's fucking bullshit.
11-18-2004, 03:27 PM apotatojudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply