BUTM Community Home Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home   Home

Go Back   BUTM Community > Reviews & Discussion > Books, TV Shows, Other > Johnny Carson Dead at age 79.

View Today's Active Threads
Welcome to the BUTM Community.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Post New Thread Reply

apotatojudge
Spent Time in Jail With Lenny Bruce

Send a message via AIM to apotatojudge
Johnny Carson Dead at age 79.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...ryID=7 402357

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Legendary television entertainer Johnny Carson has died of emphysema at age 79, the NBC television network reported on its Web site on Sunday.

Carson hosted NBC's popular "The Tonight Show" for nearly 30 years, long dominating late-night television with an estimated 12 million viewers each night. He did his final show on Friday, May 22, 1992, seen by 55 million, and was replaced the next Monday by the current host, Jay Leno.

Sidekick Ed McMahon introduced him nightly with the rallying cry of "Heeeeeeere's Johnny!" Carson's blend of humor, music and conversation was the last thing millions of Americans heard before drifting off to sleep.

"I am one of the lucky people in the world. I have found something I liked to do, and I have enjoyed every single minute of it," a teary-eyed Carson said as he closed the show for the last time. "I bid you a very heartfelt goodnight."

In later years, Carson became something of a recluse in his Malibu, California, home, rarely venturing into the public eye.

After a 1999 quadruple bypass heart operation, Carson cut back on his tennis and discontinued his annual treks to Africa, the French Riviera and the Wimbledon tennis tournament. He had battled emphysema for years.
01-23-2005, 04:57 PM apotatojudge is offline   Reply With Quote
3v3+Z
NOT in a COMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

So...?
01-23-2005, 08:59 PM 3v3+Z is offline   Reply With Quote
tjamick
has seen pry's tits

Send a message via AIM to tjamick Send a message via Yahoo to tjamick
I don't know julie, something tells me that you copy and pasted that whole thing.
01-23-2005, 09:00 PM tjamick is offline   Reply With Quote
ronnieappleseed
Never Heard The Spam Song

Now that he's dead, we can all start remembering him as being much funnier than he actually was.
01-23-2005, 09:37 PM ronnieappleseed is offline   Reply With Quote
apotatojudge

He's still important, regardless of whether or not you thought he was funny.

We'd have no Conan without him. Or Letterman.

Then again, we'd also have no Leno.
01-23-2005, 10:24 PM apotatojudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Brain Stew
is whatever

Send a message via AIM to Brain Stew
Carson was hilarious. Conan comes close, but Carson was (and will always be) the king of late night.
01-23-2005, 10:33 PM Brain Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
apotatojudge

Oh, P.S. I remembered why I hate most of you now.

Johnny Carson was too well-known for you guys to appreciate him, I get it! Just like TJ "hates Thomas Lennon" cause he made some shitty movies. I'd rather suck Kathy Griffin's dick while listening to Blue Collar Comedy than be categorized into a fanbase of a bunch of elitist assholes.

Well, I'll let you get back to misspelling and jerking off to a false hope of one day meeting David Cross and giving him a shitty script you might write. Good luck, fuckers!

Quality/Quantity in oh five.
01-23-2005, 10:34 PM apotatojudge is offline   Reply With Quote
scotch-romanian

Quote:
Originally posted by apotatojudge
Oh, P.S. I remembered why I hate most of you now.

Johnny Carson was too well-known for you guys to appreciate him, I get it! Just like TJ "hates Thomas Lennon" cause he made some shitty movies. I'd rather suck Kathy Griffin's dick while listening to Blue Collar Comedy than be categorized into a fanbase of a bunch of elitist assholes.

Well, I'll let you get back to misspelling and jerking off to a false hope of one day meeting David Cross and giving him a shitty script you might write. Good luck, fuckers!

Quality/Quantity in oh five.
DAMN that was awesome!!
01-23-2005, 10:35 PM scotch-romanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Brain Stew
is whatever

Send a message via AIM to Brain Stew
Julie posted her response a minute after I did, or rather hit the submit button. I guess she spent longer working on her post then I did, and it's funny because it looks like I gave Carson praise and Julie erupted over it .
01-23-2005, 10:40 PM Brain Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
tjamick
has seen pry's tits

Send a message via AIM to tjamick Send a message via Yahoo to tjamick
Quote:
Originally posted by apotatojudge
I'd .........suck Kathy Griffin's dick while listening to Blue Collar Comedy
Then do it.
01-23-2005, 10:54 PM tjamick is offline   Reply With Quote
apotatojudge

Clever! You're sooooooooooooo funny, tj. You should be a comediaN.
01-23-2005, 11:27 PM apotatojudge is offline   Reply With Quote
opus
sndo

Send a message via AIM to opus
There's Johnny.
01-23-2005, 11:54 PM opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Treebeard
misses Treebeard

Send a message via AIM to Treebeard
My name is Johnny.

Also, Johnny Carson is pretty much funnier than everyone. When I was really little I used to stay up on Friday nights to watch The Tonight Show, and my goal in life was to one day be Johnny Carson.
01-24-2005, 12:45 AM Treebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
ritzik

I'm off to the grocery store hearing about Johnny Carson and I found myself in tears. I don't think that I have ever cried at the death of a public personality, I feel like he oversaw my youth and young adulthood and our young family. Whatever conflict, disappointment or exhaustion had come to be during the day evaporated when he came through the curtain with his smile and geniality, sort of making all human foibles light, humorous and hopeful. It is amazing that he was funny for so long without making use of snideness, arrogance or hateful bias...

my mom emailed me this, I know it's easy pickin's for your jabs, but I thought it was sweet.
01-24-2005, 12:52 AM ritzik is offline   Reply With Quote
3v3+Z
NOT in a COMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay... Medical evacuation, Iditarod, Johnny Carson...
01-24-2005, 01:11 AM 3v3+Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply